The tooth has its key parts. These are the crown, the neck, and the root. The enamel forms most of the crown and neck parts. The root canal exists beneath the enamel. A root canal can also refer to a treatment procedure under the specialty dental services. Bacteria can penetrate the tooth, leading to an infection that requires a root canal. When this happens, there is a need to eliminate the bacteria to save your tooth. The root canal treatment procedure does this. Contact Lovett Dental Piney Point Village at 832.430.7364 to learn more about the root canal and the specialty dental services.
What Is a Root Canal?
A root canal is a form of the endodontic treatment procedure. ‘Endo’ means ‘inside’ in Greek. ‘Odont’ is the Greek word for ‘tooth.’ Root canal treatment, therefore, deals with treating the inside of a tooth. To understand this treatment, there is a need to know the anatomy of the tooth.
Beneath the enamel and dentin, there exists a soft tissue or the pulp. The pulp has blood vessels, tissues, and nerves. These collectively form the hard tissues that surround the tooth as it develops. The pulp extends from the crown to the tip of the roots. When the tooth is mature, it can function without the pulp.
When Do I Need a Root Canal?
You’ll need this treatment when the pulp has an infection or when it’s inflamed. Infection or inflation can happen because of a variety of reasons. It can be due to deep decay or a chip in the tooth, among other reasons.
Some signs that you’ll need root canal treatment include:
- The presence of pimples on the gum
- Pain when chewing
- The sensitivity of the tooth that lingers even after you remove the cold or hot food
- Swollen gums
- Deep decay
- Darkening of the gum
Is the Procedure Painful?
Dentists use modern techniques and anesthetics to perform the treatment. As a result, you are likely to be comfortable during the treatment. In addition, we offer dental anxiety services to help you deal with dentophobia.
Your teeth will be sensitive for the first few days after treatment. This is especially the case if you had an infection before the treatment. Luckily, you can get prescription medication to help with the pain. Your teeth will continue feeling different from the others. But with time, you’ll get used to it.
Cost of Treatment
The cost of specialty dental services vary depending on the complexity of the problem. Molars are harder to treat. They will cost you more. Endodontic treatment is generally cheaper for restoring natural teeth. You can choose to opt for the tooth extraction treatment, but it will be costlier.
Treatment at Lovett Dental Piney Point Village
Lovett offers specialty dental services. Our team of dental professionals is highly experienced. You’ll be incapable and trustworthy hands under their care. We have special treatment offers that you can take advantage of in addition to endodontic services.
Here are some treatment modules that we provide:
- Root canal program: This treatment removes bacteria from within the root canal. An endodontist will remove the infected pulp before disinfecting the insides. The program will help you save an infected tooth.
- Family dentistry program: The program will link you up with a family dentist. The dentists will take care of all your dental requirements.
- Oral surgery services: Dentist under this program have the expertise and knowledge to diagnose and treat various conditions. The treatment can be for cosmetic or functional reasons. This module will help you get treatment for bone, muscle, face, or mouth conditions.
- Emergency dental services: Emergency dental services will help you get treatment for unforeseen circumstances. For instance, an that’s broken accidentally.
Visit Us Today
Getting treatment for an infected tooth is paramount. If you leave it untreated, you may lose that tooth permanently. An infected tooth has the potential of infecting others around it too. If you or a loved one has a pulp infection, seek treatment immediately. Contact Lovett Dental Piney Point Village via 832.430.7364 for root canal treatment today.