If you are looking for a dependable, long-term replacement for a missing tooth, dental implants may be the solution you are looking for. Lovett Dental Piney Point Village offers comprehensive dental implant services for clients who need to replace missing teeth.
Dental implants match your natural teeth, require little maintenance, and help improve your ability to eat. To find out more about dental implants by contacting Lovett Dental Piney Point Village. Schedule a free consultation with one of our board-certified specialists. We are here to help restore your vibrant smile!
What Are Dental Implants?
Of all the ways to replace your teeth, dental implants may be the most effective. A dental implant comes in two main parts:
- Titanium Post: The post acts as the replacement for the root. We insert the post into the jawbone, where it will stay permanently. Once we insert the post, it will take three to six months for the gum tissue to fuse with the titanium.
- The Replacement Crown: The replacement crown fits on top of the post. It resembles a real tooth since we custom design the crown to match your teeth and fill in the gap perfectly.
Dental implants can fill in the gap of one or several teeth at once. You can also choose implants that look like dentures to replace your entire upper or lower row of teeth. Although the dentures are detachable, they are designed to stay in your mouth permanently. They are a great option if you need a total replacement.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implant services offer lots of advantages over other types of restorative dentistry. Whether they are right for you depends on the condition of your teeth and gums, as well as your overall oral health.
Consider some of these factors before you choose dental implants services.
- The location of the gap along the gum line
- The quality of the tissue in the jawbone – can it support the post
- The amount of tissue left in the area around the missing tooth
- Your overall health and medical condition
- How you have budgeted for dental care
Your dentist at Lovett Dental Piney Point Village can meet with you to determine if dental implants services are right for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants Services
Dental implants offer several benefits, including:
- Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth
- Your speech will improve since there are no gaps to talk through
- Dental implants are remarkably comfortable
- A single implant can enhance your smile
- An implant can protect your jawbone and gum tissue
- Implants last between 10 and 15 years with little maintenance
They will take some getting used to. At first, you may experience some discomfort. However, in time, they will settle in and become part of your normal teeth. You will not be able to tell the difference between your real teeth and your implants. You will be glad that you chose dental implant services from Lovett Piney Point Village!
Standard Care for Dental Implants
One of the best things about dental implants is that they require little maintenance. With routine care, they should last more than a decade. We recommend that you continue good hygiene habits such as brushing your teeth, flossing, and using an antibacterial mouthwash.
You should also schedule oral exams so that your dentist can assess the condition of the implants. If there are any problems with your new implants, we need to know about it right away.
Schedule Dental Implants Services Today
If you are ready to fill that gap in your teeth, then we can help. Contact Lovett Dental Piney Point Village today at 832.430.7364. We are here to meet all of your dental needs and offer dental implant services.