Parents never like to hear their child may need orthodontics, but they are unsure what it means. Yet, orthodontic services are very commonly needed. They are also some of the most effective ways of preventing future oral health problems down the road.
At Lovett Dental Piney Point, our team of dental experts provides a wide array of specialty dental services, including orthodontics. Our orthodontist may recommend treatment for your child or even for you when you come in for an appointment. First, however, it is crucial to understand what exactly orthodontics are and how they may benefit you.
What Is Orthodontics?
Orthodontic treatment is an area of dental health where the focus is on the teeth and jaw’s alignment. When the jaw is properly aligned, and the teeth are straight, there is less risk of early tooth decay and damage. We also know that a healthy smile can boost confidence. We may recommend that you learn more about our orthodontic services if you have conditions such as the following:
- Crowded teeth
- TMJ disorder
- Gaps in your teeth
When you have any misalignment, it can impact many aspects of your oral health. It can also make biting and chewing harder. For some people, it makes communication more difficult. Orthodontic treatments can often help to fix these problems for you or a member of your family.
What Orthodontic Services Are Best for You?
The first step is to come in for a consultation with our orthodontists. We will take some x-rays and look at your teeth to determine if there are alignment concerns. In many situations, our clients find that they don’t really need orthodontics. In cases where they do, we recommend several options for you. You can see what they look like and learn how they work during your consultation. There is never any pressure to decide, but we can offer both the risks and the potential benefits.
Some of the benefits of orthodontic services include:
- Straighter teeth, which makes for a more beautiful smile
- Healthier teeth and gums
- Reduced wear and tear on your teeth
- Enhanced self-confidence and self-esteem
- Alignment of your jaws and bite
These are only a few of the many benefits of the orthodontic services at Lovett Dental Piney Point.
What Types of Orthodontics Are Available?
You will learn about a variety of different orthodontics that may help in your situation. Some of the most common options include:
- Traditional metal braces: Made from high-grade stainless steel, these braces are positioned on your teeth. Every few weeks, we align and adjust the braces to slightly and very slowly move your teeth into a better position. As a result, new products are harder to see, more comfortable, and work faster.
- Ceramic clear braces: Many of our clients prefer ceramic braces because they do not seem as noticeable. They still work in the same way and offer the same benefits to you.
- Clear tray aligners: This option is very different and involves using a clear tray positioned into your mouth. The tray is designed just for you and moves your teeth very slowly over a period of time. This option is hard to see and works much faster than others. That makes it an ideal choice for many people.
Find the Orthodontist Right for You at Lovett Dental Piney Point
If you have not come in to see our team yet, we encourage you to do so. Our orthodontist is available to you at any time to discuss your needs and provide you with a consultation. Keep in mind that we may make recommendations for other dental needs should you need them to improve your oral health further. This may include a variety of oral health services such as:
- General dentistry services
- Teeth cleaning services
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Root canal procedures
- Cosmetic dentistry services
Invest in Your Smile – Contact Lovett Dental Piney Point Today
At Lovet Dental Piney Point, our team believes that improving your oral health should be a priority. In fact, studies have repeatedly shown that lack of oral hygiene can lead to severe health consequences, such as an increased chance of heart attack. One way to achieve proper is through orthodontic services at Lovett Dental Piney Point. If you know you need orthodontic services or you suspect your child may, don’t put off making an appointment. The sooner you contact our team, the sooner we can begin improving your smile or the smile of a family member.
If you are interested in orthodontic services in Piney Point Village, Texas, call 832-242-2030 to learn more from our knowledgable and caring staff. Make today the day that you take the first step towards the smile that you’ve always wanted. Contact Lovett Dental Piney Point today at 832-242-2030, or contact us online.