Working a standard 9-5 gets in the way for a lot of routine medical care. You would have to take time off to see a dentist during the week, and depending on your job’s benefits, that may end up being unpaid time. In certain industries, that may not be an option at all. Saturday dental appointments fix this issue by giving you access to a dentist on the weekend.
Importance of Routine Dental Care
Your dental care requires routine visits throughout the year for dental cleanings and other preventative care. Even when you have pristine dental hygiene, you benefit from this type of care by getting an early notice if there are any problems in your teeth, gum, or the rest of your mouth.
If you have medical conditions that result in damage or weakness in your teeth and gums, then you may need more frequent appointments to get ahead of any issues. Maintaining the necessary volume of dentist visits could prove challenging if you’re unable to access the weekday schedule.
Difficulties with Scheduling Dental Appointments During the Weekdays
Your weekdays may have limited time for errands and other activities after work. If your dentist doesn’t stay open in the evenings, then you’re going to run into a lot of problems getting the dental care that you need.
This problem becomes even more pronounced if you have children because you have to work in the time for all of their extra activities, as well as their dental care. You could end up putting your routine visits off for months or even years. Over this time, small problems can quickly grow into much larger and more expensive ones.
Consequences of Delaying Dental Care
There are many consequences that occur if you don’t go into the dentist for routine appointments.
- Tooth decay problems: The small signs of cavities allows a dentist to act quickly to prevent the damage from getting worse. If left untreated, the entire tooth could end up decaying and becoming lost.
- Plaque build-up: Without regular dental cleaning, plaque builds up in the teeth. This is unsightly and can also contribute to tooth decay.
- Long-term infection: If you have an infected tooth or gums, you could end up dealing with a long-term infection or one that spreads to other parts of your body.
- Receding gum line: Gum problems can also cause the gum line to pull away from your teeth, which creates a number of long-term issues.
- Toothaches: Teeth filled with cavities and infections often result in a lot of pain.
- Difficulties eating and drinking: When your dental health isn’t in tip-top shape, it can become difficult to eat or drink. You may have problems chewing your food or become temperature sensitive.
The longer you wait to get seen by the dentist, the worst off you become. Instead of treating any issues with dental cleanings and minor procedures, you could find yourself in need of root canals, dental implants, dentures, and other intensive options. Your wallet is also going to notice the difference, as these procedures could require oral surgery and other specialty care.
Thankfully, Saturday dental appointments are available at certain dentists!
Finding a Dentist with Saturday Dental Appointments
Dental offices that have Saturday dental appointments available typically advertise this fact on their websites, advertising, and other business listings. We offer a number of dental services to our patients including:
The hours on the weekends may be different from what you’re used to during the week, so double-check to make sure that you can schedule your appointments at the time that makes the most sense for your schedule. Get in touch with us at 832.430.7364 if you’d like to make a weekend visit with us.