What are dental implants? They are perhaps the closes thing you can get to natural and healthy teeth. You are free to talk, laugh, smile, and eat with dental implants without feeling self-conscious about your teeth or your look. Dental implants are a popular solution for a variety of dental issues that arise.
Both dentists and patients like dental implants because of how well they perform and look. Also, they provide greater stability to your teeth, enhance your smile, and allow you to eat virtually anything. Let’s take a closer look at these remarkable devices.
Learn More About Dental Implants
Dental implants are essentially artificial roots and teeth. Dentists insert them when you are missing one or more teeth on either your top or bottom row. They bond to your jawbone, making them incredibly stable and long-lasting.
A dental implant has three parts, including:
- Dental Implant: The implant is a metal screw that the dentist inserts into your jawbone. While the dental implant procedure can produce some pain, it also provides a stable platform for the implant crown. The implant fuses with the tissue of your jaw bone and gums, forming a sturdy bond.
- Abutment: The abutment connects the implant to the crown. Once the dental implant has formed a bond with the jawbone, the dentist adds the abutment to the implant’s tip. Once added properly, it provides the level of support needed for the crown. This allows you to chew food without worrying if the crown is going to fall off.
- Dental Crown: The dental crown is an artificial tooth. The dentist places it on top of the abutment with a strong adhesive. Dental crowns are customizable, matching the color of your teeth for a cohesive look. Also, crowns have the look and shape of real teeth. No one will know the difference between the dental crown and your real teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Although dental implants are not the only option for correcting dental problems, they provide a long-lasting solution that you can rely on every time you chew food or smile. There are several benefits of dental implants, such as:
- They look and feel like real teeth.
- You may notice an improvement in your speech.
- They provide a more permanent and comfortable solution.
- Eating will be more enjoyable without gaps in your teeth.
- You will love how well they look when you smile.
- They promote improved oral health.
If you don’t want to deal with dentures’ hassle, then dental implants provide a more convenient option. You don’t have to worry about pulling them out and inserting them every day.
What Are Dental Implants? Learn More at Lovett Piney Point Village
If you’re wondering, what are dental implants, contact Lovett Piney Point Village today. Schedule a free consultation by calling 832.430.7364. We can help you revitalize your smile and improve the performance of your teeth.