According to a survey by the dentists’ association in the United States, only 4 out of 10 people floss daily. You need to learn the benefits of flossing daily in order to embrace the activity. Most people view flossing as an alternative to brushing their teeth. Dentists recommend that you brush twice daily while also flossing daily. Although the two are ways of cleaning your teeth, you should not use one as an alternative to the other. Flossing dislodges and cleans the food stuck between the teeth. This reduces the amount of plaque and bacteria in your mouth. Plaque is a sticky substance that forms on the teeth and causes gum disease and cavities.
Benefits of Flossing Daily
Some of the advantages of flossing daily include:
Preventative Oral Care
Germs such as bacteria are often found in your oral cavity. Failure to clean your teeth after meals may lead to the accumulation of bacteria. You need to learn how to floss properly to remove food particles from areas where the toothbrush does not reach. Flossing regularly prevents the germs from turning to plaque. Flossing and brushing daily is the basis of preventive oral care at home.
Impeding Tartar Build-Up
Plaque accumulates in your teeth easily and fast. Plaque that stays for too long often turns to tartar. Flossing daily removes the plaque and prevents the formation of tartar on your teeth.
Averting Bad Breath
Trapped food debris between the gum line and the teeth forms bacteria that lead to an unpleasant odor. Flossing daily removes the bacteria and gives you a fresh breath. It keeps the teeth free from food particles.
More Effective than Brushing Your Teeth Only
Flossing and brushing work together to take care of your dental well-being. Brushing your teeth without flossing is similar to washing the outside of a cup and ignoring the inside. The bristles of a toothbrush do not reach the inside of the teeth. Dental floss dislodges the bacteria and food particles that develop between your gums and teeth.
Preventing Gum Disease
One of the major benefits of flossing daily includes preventing the continuous build-up plaque in your teeth that may lead to gum disease. This is the infection and inflammation of your gums. Periodontal disease may develop when plaque slowly erodes and eats away your soft gum tissue. This can advance and cause root canal issues and extreme decay. Flossing removes the bacteria and prevents the build-up of plaque.
Oral Health Services at Lovett Dental
The dental facility has skilled and board-certified dental specialists that aim at giving their patients a perfect smile. The expert dentists combine art and science and use up-to-date techniques to give you healthy teeth. They take care of the family at large including the children.
Some of the dental services provided at Lovett Dental include:
- Teeth cleaning services: Getting your teeth clean professionally makes them feel their best and look good. The dental facility uses a painless procedure to ensure your teeth are spotless. Teeth cleaning involves removing plaque, bacteria, and tartar. It also involves cleaning, polishing, and flossing between your teeth .
- Texas dental bonding services: Dental bonding involves applying composite resin to the surfaces of your teeth. The material matches the appearance and color of the other teeth. This gives a flawless smile.
- Orthodontic dental braces: Dental braces improve how you feel about yourself. The facility provides different types of dental braces depending on the needs of the patients.
- Teeth whitening: This process can help reduce teeth staining from factors such as diet, genetics, or smoking.
- Dental implants in Texas: This is the best way of replacing missing teeth. The dental implants are functional, durable, and provide comfort and beauty.
Improve Your Oral Hygiene by Flossing Daily
Don’t embarrass yourself with bad breath and discolored teeth. Learn the benefits of flossing daily by contacting a recognized dental facility. Reach out to Lovett Dental Piney Point today by calling 832.430.7364 and get professional help for a perfect smile and healthy teeth.